What are we committed to?
- the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
- carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
- cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
- ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
- extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
Full details may be found in our Safeguarding Policy.
Who can I contact for help?
- Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111
- Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222
Alternatively, please contact our Safeguarding Officer:
- Marion Green
- 07914 020363
Details of additional local contacts and national helplines can be found in our Promoting a Safer Church leaflet.